Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Life of a Tree

 I don't know if any of you remember the big Austria Pine that was at the front of the row.  This is the only picture I could find so it will have to do, garbage cans and all.
Anyway it began to die from the inside out about 3 years ago.  We got several people up here to tell us what was the matter but no one seemed to really be able to tell us what was wrong.  As you all know the lawn slopes to that corner and we think it just drowned.  It did not have any new growth this year in the spring so we knew it was dead.  And it was leaning precariously over McGills new driveway.

Thursday morning we heard the chain saws about 8 am.  By the time we got the cameras you can see what was left. 

It took 17 years to grow and less than 30 minutes to make it dissapear.
They left it as though it had never been there.
The lesson is; If you don't take pictures you will never remember

1 comment:

Liz Rose said...

Oh, that makes me kind of sad. But very true about the pictures--I wish I had been better about taking pictures of the inside and outsides of all the homes we've lived in.