Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Rest in St. Paul

Hi, I have been needing a bit of a mental rest and I finally got it.
I went to stay with Thomas and Kristin in St. Paul.

We shopped.

We ate.

We went to parks and pedaled "surrey's".




We drove around St. Paul and looked at Historic houses

We ate Liberty Custard, which Thomas declared was the best he's tasted since Gustin's in Morgantown, West Virginia. He was 5 years old at the time and it must have been good ice cream to make that type of an impression.



We ate breakfast at Victor's 1959 a Cuban cuisine place featured on "Diners, Drive-in's and Dives" on the food channel. It was great!

We went to a play, Agatha Christie's "Unexpected Guest". Enjoyed

Cooked a fabulous dinner on Sunday went to the park for a concert by a group of banjo playing grandfathers and great grandfathers.

This picture is Jack Frost (his real name) aka Mr. Bones. He made the sticks he is playing from ebony over 80 years ago. So you can guess how old he is, but it didn't slow him down a bit. He is the percussionist of the group and just a real showman.




We walked around another park/lake and went home to fresh strawberries, brown sugar and sour cream, mmmmmmm!

Then Kristin kindly took me to IKEA to just look.
Then we just shopped some more.

Drove out to the Indian Reservation Casino for a grand buffet.

A delightful time! Thank you Thomas and Kristin.

1 comment:

Kristin Rose said...

We loved having you here! I got to explore some new places I had not been in the two years I have lived here. It is so fun to find places to go that are unique to the individual state/city. Thanks for making my birthday a fun one!!