Monday, July 25, 2011

Miracles Never Cease

What your are looking at is a major miracle in Utah.             
My Magnolia has two blossoms and I nearly missed them.

 Now most people don't plant this type of Magnolia in Utah it does much better in Florida than here.  Especially not on a south eastern corner of a lot where the east wind is murder in the winter!  And the dry heat in the summer is another environmental hazard.   This has not bloomed in probably 10 years or more so it was exciting to see TWO blossoms on it this evening.  Dad had the eagle eye and came right in and told me.  I ran right out and snapped these because the blossoms are at the end of their cycle and I wanted to prove that it happened.
The only thing I can think that is different in the environment is the removal of that huge Austrian Pine tree last summer and therefore the Magnolia may be getting more water and nutrients.

This lets us know that there is always hope for what ever because I was sure I would never see this again in my lifetime.

1 comment:

Liz Rose said...

I love it that you took a picture of them!!