Sunday, December 4, 2011

Mighty MoJo and Thanksgiving

This blog is a shameless show off by a grandmother.  So if you don't like seeing other people grandchildren, STOP here.

 This is Mr. MoJo who lives in the frozen north (St. Paul MN).  He is 20 months now and has a definite mind of his own.  He pulled out this storage container from an adjoining bedroom to be his "seat" for TV watching.  It was filled with blankets and other bedding and he just thought it would be great as his "throne".
 Papa Rose was doing everything to get a picture but he was not interested because the sun what in his eyes.
 You get a reaction when you are least expecting it that is why you just keep clicking with kids.  He wanted to choose his own time and place for a picture.

 Such interesting stuff along the way!  A small log covered in lichen.  "We just gotta take this home, Nanna?
 You call this thing a shadow?  I need to get closer to see what "it" is.
 I can stride out when I want to, but generally things are just so interesting.
 The "I can do it myself" attitude at the playground.  Or maybe it was "hey look at me and what I can do."
 His father carving a very delicious turkey!!!!
 "Okay guys, I am ready to eat!" and the meal was delicious.  Kristin brined the Turkey in a mix of Salt, water, oranges, Lemons, and herbs.  Then roasted it in a roaster with more oranges, herbs and I think an apple.  It was moist and very flavorful.  Papa Rose did the Potatoes, ricotta and Parmigiana cheese, mmmmmm.  We did the dressing in her crockpot (freed up the oven of one more thing) and Kristin's sweet potato pie.  she also had a jello salad that was as good as desert but we ate it for salad because the desert was pumpkin bread pudding with Dulce da leache.  O my goodness was that good.  She also had a chocolate silk pie that she bought.

 "You can't make me like that thing!!!"  The story behind this picture is that we bought a "Bigfoot" last year (2010)for him and his Dad.  It was too big and too scarry for a 10 month old and he has never liked it to this day.  Nor anything else that "talks and moves" that is supposed to be a toy.  So this Santa singing and swaying was not a big hit to begin with.  However, by the time we left he was turning him on by himself and dancing  to the song.     

Some of the best parents I know along with one of my favorite toddlers.

To come in the following weeks;  two days in Sun Valley with Super Girl and Super boys.  And Christmas with Mr. P and Mr T.


Can't wait! so fun to be with them!

1 comment:

Liz Rose said...

Great pictures!! What a cutie he is--love his curly hair!