Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Chef Papa and South Indian Style Vegetable Curry

We are taking turns weekly to figure out menus and cook the meals.  Dad is on a no meat plan at the moment and he chose the menus for this week.  Of course being a newbie he is not deterred by a list of 22 ingredients. There were 22 little containers on the counter holding everything from veggies to spices.



last 5 of 22 containers holding measured ingredients


It took about 2 hours to cut all the vegetables and measure all the spices but he was very diligent in doing it.  His comment when finished was, "how long does it say the prep time is on this recipe?"  He checked it out and there was no indication of prep time.  I told him that I never cook anything that seems to have more than 5-10 ingredients and the only thing that I cook that comes even close to 10 ingredients is chocolate chip cookies.  Gotta want it bad to stay in the kitchen that long.

 In the end it was delicious with Basamati Rice and a cooling orange and avocado salad.

1 comment:

Spencer said...

This meal really looks super yummo! I'm totally wanting a taste! :)