![]() |
| Sister H |
Since we have time we go to the store house when ever they need some one. This is our 2nd time since Dec.
![]() | |||||
| Bishops Store House |
Now this "yard" is several square miles and right now it is loaded with 1000's of pieces of equipment and more are arriving daily. These are just two of the many pictures dad took but I think you can get the idea. There are at least 4 fairly largeish hotels surrounding this and a couple across the major road and freeway. These will be packed by the 16th with buyers for this equipment.
Wal-mart must have 50 tractors here to be sold and then there are school buses and pickup trucks, all fleet stuff.
Pluse the stuff you can and cannot see from these pictures. It has been amazing to watch it fill up over the last month.
Dad took some pictures from the back of the church but this truck driver was waiting to deliver his shipment so he let dad climb up on his truck and take pictures from up that high. He said he had been waiting since 9 am in line (it was now 1 pm) to drop of his load. He has made several trips from all over the country to bring equipment to this auction. The pictures don't do it justice and I can't begin to tell you in words what it is like to see 200+ road graders parked in a line. Or 150 of the big dump trucks like out at Rio Tinto. There is every type of equipment you could ever use in any kind of construction that you could think of.

I have been wanting to ride my new bike, I really like riding a bike when the terrain is fairly flat.
The sun, however, is just too bright, I tried taping an old visor on my helmet but it just wasn't big enough and definitely NOT Cool. So I got on the internet and found this thing called 'da brim.
It fits right on your helmet and it is great. It is fixed in the front so that in the wind it cannot bend down and block your view and it gives great shade and is even made from sun blocking material.
I may never ski again but I can still have the wind in my face and hair on my bicycle. I have had this on in a couple of fairly stiff winds and it was great. The only thing is, you could possibly become airborne with this on.
| |||||||||||||||
| don't you love the pink? |
I have a comfort seat coming on Wednesday and a detachable basket, so I can ride down to the grocery store. A Bulldog U lock and a Thule locking bolt for the bike rack so that we can take these to ZC with us and I can get some exercise in. I am doing about 6 miles a day at about 7 miles an hour. The goal is 12 miles every time I go out. I have upped my walking from 3 to five miles also. I won't beat anybody in a race but I will at least finish.
AND Dad was cleared for a shoe the end of January so he was walking out a mile with me and then returning, so 2 miles a day. On Saturday Feb 9th he was cleared to start running and was up at 6 and out to do 2 miles. His toe is still pretty tender because the nail has not come off yet and it sometimes pokes the skin around it but he is determined to get back to training for a half marathon. We shall see.
So that is the random ramble for Early February. We start ZC next week so we will have more adventures to talk about.
Love to all
Nana & Papa






3 comments:
I LOVE the hat Nana!!! Looks great! And I'm totally impressed with your 3-5 mile walk, and 6 mile bike ride! That is awesome!
Can't wait to hear about Zone Conferences. :)
Way to go getting in a bike ride and walking! Love the hat helmet.
Totally thought the helmuthat was a beach hat, it's such a statement! Spence and I decided you both fit in so very well in FL!!!
Post a Comment