| Vicki with one of the "wonderful" dinners out in the motel. |
| This is somewhere in Nebraska and the sun is still shinning. |
| Doesn't he just steal your heart away |
| Nana is not the worlds best photographer but he is such a cute subject |
No excuses for not writing, just that dreaded disease of busyness again. I went with my wonderful friend to the Roots Tech conference at the beginning of February and I never cease to be amazed at the amazing world of Technology and what it is doing for my 4th love (Pat being the 1st, my grandchildren the 2nd, and their wonderful parents a very patient 3rd) Family History. They are allowing the Keynote addresses to viewed by anyone, so if you are interested here is the link
RootsTech 2011
I can't express how the last 20 years have been a blessing beyond belief as I have watched the earth be "dotted with Temples"and the "books of the earth" begin to be opened and available to all with the click of a mouse from anywhere on the planet. When I started Family History in the early 60's I would never in my wildest dreams (I would have been incapable of even dreaming this stuff up) that I would live to see these things happen, let alone that I would be so blessed to be a participant in this great "unfolding of the records". I have found information on this screen that I would have never been able to find in the 1970's, even the 1980's.
Consider the fact that more and more original records go on line every minuet. A huge company supporting prime time TV shows about finding celebrities ancestors, and volunteers from all over the globe both LDS and non LDS (many more "non") spending countless hours transcribing and indexing every thing from tombstones to Birth, Marriage & Death records. I can find a family in the census records in about 1/10th the time it took the old way and in less than a second I can verify that the family on the index is the one I am looking for.
I can read a will from 1786 found in a small regional library in Virginia because I can Google the name of the man making the will and google will find it for me out of all the content on the internet. Talk about miracles!!! And I have only touched a couple of examples. Nothing short of MIRACLES!!!!!
And last, but certainly not least I can send a cheek swab from Pat to a lab in Texas and they can tell me information that people have searched for, for over 100 years. The nice thing about it is, it is science and there can't be any doubt about who Samuel's parents are. "DNA doesn't lie."
So that was what I did in February.
No comments:
Post a Comment