Sunday, August 12, 2012

Where We Are and Where We Go

Hello to all

Some of you have asked what our mission boundaries are and thanks to Bro. Beckwith the spouse of the AHMA up in Atlanta we finally have all the maps for these boundaries. I have played with this on both Picasa and Aperture to crop the silly thing for only our missions but I give up and you will have to use a magnifying glass to see the labels.   So to review our missions: All 5 of the Florida missions, Mississippi, Jackson; Louisiana Baton Rouge
 As you can see Mississippi takes in a bit of Arkansas and Tallahassee goes up into both Georgia and Alabama and then Jacksonville takes in all of the Georgia coast line right up to and including what looks to be about Hilton Head South Carolina.  So we just say we have parts of all the Gulf States except Texas.

We are headed out for Zone conferences soon so I will try to post from the road.  At least you all can "barely" see where we are responsible for.  I think the way they do missions is by stake boundaries and Temple Districts. Apparently Orlando lost a Zone to the Tampa Mission because that zone covered area that will be in the new Tampa FL Temple. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. I love getting close to home (Savannah and Hilton Head ) and just smelling the ocean. The memories are dear to my heart are as the people. I know Pat can be counted on to keep the missionaries healthy and working the best they can in the Lord's vineyard. We love you both !
DeVerl & Laura Hoskins