Dad was insistent on this picture, we had watched the "young" elders do this one all day and he just had to have one of us.
Then we were off to the Marriott where he made the grocery list and I changed and gathered the Laundry. He dropped me at the MTC to do the laundry and find the gym for an hour (so sorry no pictures in the Laundry) and he did the grocery shopping because I do not arise early enough for us to dress and get there early enough to eat. However we have decided that cereal and toast in our room at the Marriott just may save our lives. That food in the cafeteria is loaded with calories and they give you way more than we need so we are making some changes. Breakfast in the room. Lunch; veggies for him, protein and veggies for me. Dinner; protein and starch for him and salad for me. All my hard work will go for naught with all that food and no exercise to speak of. So to remedy that he will attend the Spanish classes in the evening and I will hit the treadmill in the Senior's "Dorm".
This is Papa Roses desk. He is so excited to have a place to look at his grand kids so keep the pictures coming. We promise to get better at taking pictures on this end.
It has been a fun day. We have so many couples going to really unusual places and doing unusual things it is very surprising and kind of fun. There are places that I had not idea existed any where but on a map, certainly that they didn't have people on/in them and certainly that the Church didn't send missionaries there but they do. There is only 2 couples that have an assignment "better" than ours and they are going to the Polynesian Cultural Center for 23 months; one as the Physical Facilities Coordinator a the other as the project manager for the new remodel they are going to do on the exhibits and amphitheater. The place might have tugged at my heart but the assignments we could not full fill.
Then there are a couple who will be the AMA in Kiev, Ukraine and I thank my lucky stars that I am in Orlando. They will have the Prows' for a while as Dr. Hatch is leaving Moscow and they don't have anyone to replace him yet so they are shifting the missions around to the remaining doctors. There are 7 of us AMA's. Another couple is going to the Philippines as the AMA and a second couple is going to the Philippines and other south sea Islands and missions as the AMHA. She will have some 25+ missions under her, and yes I said her, it is a woman. Another women will be the AMA in Australia, this is their 4th time doing this. I think one of the other Doc is to Johannesburg SA as the DR. for the missions in Africa. So as you can see we got a plum assignment. I am thanking my lucky stars, I guess I have lost my thirst for adventure but who knows.
It has been funny because you just don't know who you are going to meet. Dad has met several people from his former life as a Farmingtonite, at least two. Then the guy who sold us our insurance is going on his 1st mission. I was surprised because he seemed at least 15-20 years older than we were when we started our practice so that would make him coming up on 80 but they look pretty good and are excited. They are off to Madagascar (seriously). He went to France as a young person so he is brushing up his French because that is what is spoken there. I can't remember their assignment. Anyway it has been fun to hear the stories of the other SM's
We do promise to get better at the pictures
Comments are appreciated
7 comments:
What a great first day!!! And I LOVE the map picture!!! You guys are going to have to make your own mission "Mac" book with all your pictures when you are all done. Or have one of your girls do it for you. :)
Kathleen, so fun to read about your adventures. Keep them coming pictures or not. I would agree you were pretty lucky to get a stateside assignment. I told Tyler some of Vickie's first adventures in Russia and he gave a big sigh and said "Oh how the memories come rushing back. I think it would be easier to be a 19 yr old versus a 60 something going to such a difficult place." BTW I have a nephew that plays rugby for BYU, played football for 3 years in HS, is a daredevil as demonstrated by several broken bones AND a beautiful and talented violin player. Let you son know violins are for the macho as well.
I agree with Liz about the Mission Photo Book! Honestly, the photographs are the only way you remember and re-live any of it. I've yet go regret a single shot I've taken :)
By the way, your wardrobe is fabulous! You guys look so official!
It is so fun to see you share the same experience we had!! Our map photo a bit to the right however!! This will be a great time for you and then get ready to run. You two have worked hard and given up much to be where you are. Enjoy it.
C'mon mom, everybody has to do the "Map Photo". I think it is the map photo and not even the tags that makes you an official missionary. You guys look great. Very fun and exciting.
By the way, I dont know that it is to my chagrin that my son is good at violin. It actually makes me pretty proud. Just fun to see your son do something he likes...and do it well.
YOU NEVER LOOKED BETTER
Post a Comment